Mary DeMuth recently posted the following helpful information on The Writer's View 2. If you want more information on how to subscribe to that list, let me know.
1. Subscribe to the WIN Informer. It's a great, great place to really know the insider scoop on things. http://www.christianwritersinfo.net/WinGuide.htm
2. Subscribe to Publishers Weekly daily (PW Daily). You'll learn so much. Be sure also to subscribe to Religion Bookline when you sign up. It's free. https://www.publishersweekly.com/subscribe.asp?
3. Subscribe to CBA's Aspiring Retail online (free version). You can do that here: http://www.cbaonline.org/nm/ARDigital.htm
4. Subscribe to the daily Publisher's Lunch. You can do that here: http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/lunch/free/
5. If you choose to attend ICRS, beware of your feet. BRING COMFY SHOES or suffer dire consequences. And go in, eyes wide open, ready to absorb. You'll learn a whole lot, I promise. Here's more information about this year's show. http://www.christianretailshow.com/
6. Attend a conference. Here's a listing: http://www.christianwritersinfo.net/conferences.htm
7. Go to Book Expo. This year's was in NYC. Wow! I learned so much by going. Next year it will be in LA. http://www.bookexpoamerica.com/App/homepage.cfm?moduleid=42&appname=288
I hope that helps! There's really no reason you can't be informed about the industry. And most of these avenues are free. Of course, being a part of TWV 2 will help tremendously.
Mary E. DeMuth